Below is a sample of some of the more popular items on the extensive menu available.
- Homemade soup
- Seafood Chowder
- Mixed Leaf Salad
- Traditional Irish Stew
- Chicken Kiev
- Panini –Baked Limerick Ham, Mozzarella, Sundried tomato, red onion.
- Soft Floured Wraps- Sweet chilli chicken, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- The Glen’s Ploughman’s Lunch
- Irish Soda Bread open sandwich with range of fillings served with homemade chutney and “Glen” slaw.
- Rice dish of the day e.g. Thai Green Curry/Beef in Black Bean
- Beer battered Cod with mushy peas and homemade tartar sauce.
- Shepherd’s Pie with side salad and fresh cut chips,
- Traditional Irish stew,
- Homemade Burger with onion rings, homemade relish served with side salad & chips.
- Pan-fried pork loin served with apple cidre sauce on bed of creamy mash.
- Homemade Lasagne served with side salad and homemade chips.
- Steak Ciabatta served with peppers, onions and homemade fries.
- Quiche Lorraine served with homemade chips and side salad.
Homemade Apple Pie/Seasonal Fruit Crumble/Sticky Toffee Pudding/Chocolate Fudge Cake and selections of ice-creams, served with ice-cream or custard as appropriate.
Our selection of local brewed draught craft beers include:
- White Gypsy-Ruby (Irish Red Ale)
- Blonde-(Weiss Beer)
Our bottled selection includes:
- O’Hara’s Stout
- Irish Red Ale
- Stonewell’s Medium Dry and Dry Cider
Seasonal guest beers available from time to time, check on our facebook page for details.
Uisce Beatha: the water of life- name given by Irish monks in the early middle ages to distilled alcohol, it is simply a translation of the Italian Aqua Vitae. The word whiskey itself comes from the anglicised version of this phrase. We have personally selected a range of whiskeys from around Ireland for you to taste and enjoy. Our range includes blends to pot still, grain Irish, single malt to small batch. Some well known international brands are also available.
“There’s a whisky for everyone, from the novice whiskey drinker to the connoisseur as well as a
whiskey to suit everyone’s pocket depths.”
Please ask a member of staff about a selection from our tasting mats.